- Location: Near 13342 NW Newberry Road, between NW Skyline Blvd. and US30.
- Schedule: Construction scheduled from February to spring 2019
- Estimated Cost: $1.8 million (early conceptual estimate)
For Your Safety
NW Newberry is closed to all forms of traffic between US Highway 30 and NW Skyline Boulevard, due to the landslide.
The road is closed at the landslide to bicycles, skateboards and pedestrians, as well as motor vehicles. It is not safe to enter the closed section of road in any way.
This project will repair and re-open Newberry Road.
A landslide undermined a section of Newberry Road in January 2017, following a major snow storm and melt-off. The road has been closed to through traffic between US Highway 30 and NW Skyline Boulevard.
Geotechnical studies and design work are completed and right of way (property) has been acquired for construction. A contractor has been hired and construction will begin in February 2019 and be completed in spring 2019. We will notify Newberry Road residents and the public when the construction schedule has been confirmed.
NW Newberry is closed to through traffic between US Highway 30 and NW Skyline Blvd. Local traffic has access up to each side of the slide area, near NW 13342 Newberry Road.
The alternate route for through traffic is NW Cornelius Pass Road. Passenger vehicles, but not trucks, may also use NW Germantown Road and NW McNamee Road.
What’s Been Done
- Concrete barriers have been installed on each side of the slide. Please be safe and do not pass the barriers, by motor vehicle, bicycle or even on foot.
- Road closed signs have been installed on each side of the slide and at each end of the road.
- Design work and right of way (property) acquisition are complete. A contractor has been hired and construction will begin in February 2019.
We would like your feedback on this project. Please use this form to give us your comments and sign up for project updates.