Here are some of the traffic changes that will occur during construction for the Burnside Bridge Maintenance Project in 2017-2019:
During Structural Work
- Lane closures on Naito Parkway (fall 2017), NE/SE 2nd Avenue (fall 2018 to winter 2019) and NE/SE 3rd Avenue (spring 2019) where the bridge is overhead.
- Areas in Waterfront Park under bridge closed but bicycle and pedestrian access maintained (winter 2017 - 2018)
- Occasional night-time Eastbank Esplanade closures (dates to be determined)
During Deck Work
- One lane closed in each direction. Bicyclists and pedestrians share paths on each side of Burnside Bridge (fall 2017 - fall 2019)
- Temporary closure of bus stop #689 serving lines 12, 19 and 20 located on west approach (fall 2017 - fall 2018)
- Bridge stairs closed (dates to be determined)
Stay tuned for project updates.
Please use this form to contact the project team with any questions or comments or to sign up for project updates.
Click here to view the map at full size.